Chess Free Android
Chess Free is the best free Chess game on Android and is currently the highest ranked (at time of writing) from the 120+ free chess programs listed!
– 12 play levels (Novice->Expert)
This uses intelligent weakening for lower levels. Good for beginners.
– Casual and Pro modes (NEW!)
Two different play modes allow you to choose how much help the game gives you, and stats are kept separate for both.
– Uses Treebeard Chess engine
(as used in Microsoft’s MSN Chess). This has a unique “”human-like”” style.
– Chess Tutor
This option shows a recommended piece to move. This will help you think about how you should play without telling you exactly what move to make. This is good for developing chess skill while also helping you avoid simple mistakes.
– “”Show CPU Thinking”” option for level 3+
A unique feature, great for learning chess. This shows which moves the AI is considering.
– Chess Stats, Timers, Hints and Handicaps
Track your career history against each level and improve your rating
– Achievements, Leaderboards and Cloud save for stats! (NEW!)
Available when logging in with your Google+ account
– Provides ELO Rating based on your results against CPU in Pro Mode (NEW!)
– 2 player hot-seat
Play against your friends!
– 8 Chess Boards and 7 Chess Piece Sets
– Review game mode
Step back through your game and see how you won!
– Load/Save game files & PGN Export